Mexican Cooking Class: sope and tlacoyo.
February 28 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm$18 – $60
Sopes and tlacoyos, Cactus Salas, Salsa Verde and Roja
Cook like a Mexican and learn how to make masa dough and shape the tlacoyo and get hands-on making sopes.
Tlacoyo in an oval-shaped pre-Hispanic Mexican dish somewhat torpedo-shaped, they are fatter than tortillas and often stuffed with cooked ground beans, cheese, pork chicharron or other ingredients before being fried and griddled. The tlacoyos will be served with a Cactus Salad and salsa verde or red which we will prepare, you will learn to clean the cactus, cut and cook it, ensamble the salad and learn to prepare the salsas.
We will make sopes. Sopes are a traditional Mexican dish originating in the Central and Southern parts of Mexico. A bit extra-thick tortilla, this circle of slightly fried corn masa has raised, pinched sides resembling a little bowl, to help it hold a wide variety of toppings like refried black beans, lettuce, crema, cheese, fine dice onion and the salsa.
There will be plenty of toppings and garnishes for everyone to customize their own sopes and tlacoyos when the class sits down for a Mexican street food feast!
Note: vegan options available upon request
Our Virtual Class includes a “food box” of ingredients that will be used during the class.
Once registered, a Culinarium Ambassador will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pickup details.
The box serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more boxes.
The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person (or a couple) who can join and actively participate in the class.
Included in the “Food Box” all ingredients and recipe cards.
- *Cocktail pairing: Tequila and Tonic. Sometimes referred to as the lighter and healthier cousin of the Margarita, Tequila and Tonic is a simple drink made with a combination of tonic water and tequila.
- Food Boxes will be available for curbside pickup the same day, 5 hours prior to the class
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Cancellation must be made at least 7 days prior to the event.
- Registration for every class closes two days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Please note: *to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may be longer or shorter by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at [email protected]