- This event has passed.
Torta della Nonna (Grandma’s cake) Class
March 18 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$20 – $60
Join Daniela from Buon Appetito Mercato for a fun baking class where you’ll learn to make Torta della Nonna (Grandma’s cake).
A classic, Tuscan-born crostata, Torta Della Nonna has to be one of the most widespread and well-known Italian desserts: it consists of two sheets of slightly leavened sugar pastry enclosing a creamy heart of lemon-scented custard. The top is studded with crunchy pine nuts and dusted with icing sugar.
Our Virtual Class includes a “food box” of ingredients that will be used during the class.
Once registered, a Culinarium Ambassador will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick-up details.
The box serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more boxes.
The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person (or a couple) who can join and actively participate in the class.
Included in the “Food Box”: Flour, Eggs, Sugar, Eggs, Milk, Baking Powder, Lemon, Vanillina (Italian Vanilla powder), Pine nuts. Recipes (in PDF format) and guided instruction.
- *Amaretto Sour Cocktail
- Food Boxes will be available for curbside pickup the same day, 5 hours prior to the class
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Cancellation must be made at least 7 days prior to the event.
- Registration for every class closes two days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Please note: *to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may be longer or shorter by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at [email protected]
The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. The items and/or ingredients listed for the event may vary according to stock availability. Culinarium reserves the right to change products at any time without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.