Torta della Nonna (Grandma’s cake) Class
March 18 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$20 – $60
Join Daniela from Buon Appetito Mercato for a fun baking class where you’ll learn to make Torta della Nonna (Grandma’s cake).
A classic, Tuscan-born crostata, Torta Della Nonna has to be one of the most widespread and well-known Italian desserts: it consists of two sheets of slightly leavened sugar pastry enclosing a creamy heart of lemon-scented custard. The top is studded with crunchy pine nuts and dusted with icing sugar.
Our Virtual Class includes a “food box” of ingredients that will be used during the class.
Once registered, a Culinarium Ambassador will contact you to confirm any add-ons (delivery and /or wine) and manage delivery or pick-up details.
The box serves 1-2 people; for 2+ people, we recommend ordering two or more boxes.
The virtual class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person (or a couple) who can join and actively participate in the class.
Included in the “Food Box”: Flour, Eggs, Sugar, Eggs, Milk, Baking Powder, Lemon, Vanillina (Italian Vanilla powder), Pine nuts. Recipes (in PDF format) and guided instruction.
- *Amaretto Sour Cocktail
- Food Boxes will be available for curbside pickup the same day, 5 hours prior to the class
- On the day of the class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
- Cancellation must be made at least 7 days prior to the event.
- Registration for every class closes two days prior to the event.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Please note: *to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- Class duration is approximate and may be longer or shorter by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at [email protected]
The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. The items and/or ingredients listed for the event may vary according to stock availability. Culinarium reserves the right to change products at any time without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- March 18
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- $20 – $60
- Event Categories:
- Baking Class, Virtual Classes
- Event Tags:
- buon appetito mercato, cooking from scratch, covid19 cooking studio, culinarium, festa della donna, grandma cake, international women day, italian cookies, italian cuisine toronto, master classes, mimosa cake, mimosa cake toronto, toronto italian food, torta della nonna, zoom cooking class