- This event has passed.
Tomato Sauce Day
August 29 @ 10:30 am - August 30 @ 3:00 pm$60
Tomato Sauce Day is a long-loved tradition where Italian families from all over the world come together to make, bottle and preserve tomato passata. But, the call of tomato sauce day stands for so much more than the jars of sauce stacked up at the end of the day. It also stands for family, the coming together of generations, and for making something together, that can be shared by all.
So…….prepare to get messy, laugh and share in some of the freshest and tastiest Ontario Produce around!
We are following all Covid19 protocols to keep you safe.
Due to the restrictions on capacity, we are offering 2 days event: AUGUST 29th and AUGUST 30th.
EVENT STARTS AT 10:30 AND WILL END AT 3 PM
Your experience includes:
- A welcome coffee/tea and biscuit/cake
- Learn how to make traditional Italian tomato passata
- Assist in preparing an unforgettable feast
- A shared table experience including pasta, fresh salads, dessert
- Take home some of your own traditional passata sauce
- Information sheets and recipes cards
Your Agenda (subject to change)
- Introductions over coffee/tea
Making Tomato Sauce
- Preparing Tomatoes & Mincing
- Bottling & Sealing
- Cooking Fresh Tomato Sauce
- – Includes a group cook up
Shared Table Experience
- Fresh salads
What to wear & bring?
Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and clothing, hair shoulder length or longer must be tied back; excessive jewellery to be avoided.
Bring a pen and notebook.