- Jun 09 2023
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Mozzarella & Burrata with Chef Luciano
Join our very own Chef Luciano Schipano for a unique, in-depth exploration and live demonstration of one of Italy’s most famous cheeses, mozzarella, and its much rarer and more sophisticated cousin, burrata.
This fun and delicious event will begin with a general introduction to the world of Italian cheeses, and a demonstration and tasting of traditional Italian mozzarella knots with Chef Luciano Schipano.
We’ll then look at the making of burrata, one of Italy’s unique culinary treasures. Fresh mozzarella is hand-shaped into a small pouch and filled with a combination of shreds of mozzarella curd and fresh cream, also known as Stracciatella.
When the burrata is opened, a spurt of thickened cream flows out in a moment of high culinary drama. The cheese has a rich, buttery flavor and retains its fresh milkiness.
Chef Luciano will prepare a few dishes that highlight burrata’s luxurious qualities, and discuss other recipe ideas:
- risotto with mushrooms and burrata finished with truffle oil;
- Arugula salad, burrata and taralli crumble;
- Blueberry & burrata parfait
This class will be a step-by-step hands-on demonstration, meaning you will watch chef cooking in real time, ask questions and taste the recipes that chef will make.
The class is sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one single person who can join and actively participate in the class.
Included in the “Burrata & Mozzarella Class”:
- Complimentary Antipasto platter on arrival
- Taste of fresh Mozzarella made on the spot with Chef Luciano.
Wine, beer, and mixed and soft drinks will be available to purchase on-site. Feel Free to Bring Your Own Wine for a small fee of $15.
- – If you buy a single ticket, you will be seated at a table with other individuals.
- – Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
- – Please note: *to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 or older.
- – Class duration is approximate and may be longer or shorter by 10-15 minutes.
If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. The items and/or ingredients listed for the event may vary according to stock availability. Culinarium reserves the right to change products at any time without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience